Monday, May 11, 2015

The Mighty Moog 55!

If you're into these sorts of things, then you've probably already seen this particular Moog Modular. I think that it may be one of the most viewed systems around (aside from Keith Emerson's majestic behemoth) thanks to the internet.

A good friend of mine was the caretaker of this system for several years, and during that time, he took a number of nice quality pictures of it and posted them on his website. These have been copied and passed around the web, and now this particular system has become the defacto poster child for Moog Modular systems.

I came to this realization one day when I looked at the Wikipedia entry for Moog Modular, and the picture on the main page was MY SYSTEM. I started looking at various sites, and again and again were pictures of my system. Bizarre!

My system is easy to identify in a picture because of the stickers on the upper right module...

...and the noise source.

The module order has also been rearranged a bit to better suit my work flow.

Later pictures will show where Bob Moog himself autographed it on the Fixed Filter bank.

 
 

Google Moog Modular images, see how many you can find!

You can find just about ANYTHING on them interwebs...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment