Thursday, May 28, 2015

Sequential Circuits Artifacts

Sequential Circuits ran a number of interesting print ads back in the 70's and 80's. I was a big fan of their products for a number of years, and in the early 80's I was finally able to purchase one of the first Rev 3 Prophet 5's. I was taking weekly synth lessons from P5 co-designer John Bowen who told me to wait a bit to get the upcoming Rev 3 model, a decision that has served me very well (thanks, John!). I remember driving down to San Francisco and picking it up along with a blue Roadrunner hard case from Don Wehr's Music City on Columbus St. (A great place, now long gone, sadly).

I remember this seeing this ad (probably in BAM magazine) by Mattos...one of my favorites!

 

The address would indicate that this was from before they moved into their official headquarters on North First Street in San Jose.

I was fortunate enough to make some good friends there, and visited from time to time to update the software on my machine, gawk at all the cool stuff being built, catch up on the latest happenings and discuss such weighty matters as adding Midi or a remote keyboard to my system. Good Times, Great People.

At some point, I picked up this set of road case stickers for various products, including my favorite..the P5 Sphinx. I think that there might have originally been a few others, but these are the ones that remain. I haven't really seen these around much, so I thought I'd post them here, before they vanish for good. Hope you enjoy them!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment